¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Saturday, 31 July 2010

SUMMERTIME


"Summertime" is a 1991 Grammy Award winning chart topping Hip-Hop/R&B single by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince. The hit song spent one week at number-one on the US R&B chart.[1] From the duo's 4th album Homebase, it also reached number one on the Rap Single chart and number four on the Billboard Hot 100. It also reached eight on the UK Singles Chart, as well as number forty-one on the dance chart.[2]

It samples Kool & the Gang's "Summer Madness". The song earned the duo's second Grammy after "Parents Just Don't Understand" in 1988. From 1996 to 1998, Children's BBC used the song as their background music (in between programme links). "Summertime" was remixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff himself, with a September 2007 single release. The song was also used in a Wal-mart commercial. The song was used in the intro of NBC's sitcom 1992 special Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style

A line from the song was sampled for Ludacris' song "Two Miles an Hour" from his album The Red Light DistrictWill Smith uses the line was sampled on the single "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" on his Big Willie Stylealbum which was released in 1997.

I chose this song this week because it was SO freaking HOT! But I LOVE the summertime, there is something about it that cannot be compared to anything on this planet. And listening to this song takes me to a place where innocence was the order of the day, a time that I thought would last forever...I guess someways it still does...HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR SUMMERTIME!

6 comments:

  1. oh no, you removed that cool pic with the ball. Although it takes a while for you page to load when I read you blog, it was an awesome pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is classic. It really stands the test of time and epitomizes what it is like to be at a black family reunion...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite tunes, I can remember the year it came out, I was in college/working and residing on the Southeast. I also sported a hightop fade hair cut back then. I was crazy about Will's friend Jazzy Jeff even though I was to old for him. LOL

    I still play this tune at the beginning of each summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA YES! this is a TUUUUNNNE! Makes me feel like a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. still love that song :) i like his other 1 "ring my bell" check that 1 out!

    www.blackmuscleworship2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails