¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Tuesday, 28 July 2009

ASK THIS BEFORE HOOKING UP…




The Internet has become a breeding ground for people to lie about everything and one has to be careful. Just because it looks good doesn't mean that is what you are going to get when you meet.The picture is HOT!!! The conversation is flowing and he has just offered to come over your house. You are ready to get some serious action going. You give him your address and in twenty minutes exactly as he promised, Mr. Right Now is at your door. You open it and all hell breaks loose. Your fantasy man is nothing like the picture or as he described himself. To make matters worse, he is trying to act as if pictures were recent but just have slacked off from the gym in a few weeks, but you know that gaining 50 pounds in that span of time is not possible. This connection is not going to happen at all. Pissed at what has transpired, you vow not to use the internet to hookup. Could you have saved yourself the hassle? So here is how you can alleviate the games that come with online hook ups with these questions.

  • HOW RECENT IS YOUR PICTURE? Online dating is about cutting to the truth. And that truth begins with the way people portray themselves. Asking this question will let you know how long it's been since the picture was taken. Generally, people should update their pictures every 6 months unless they have gained weight or changed physically. If either one is the case then the person needs to update ASAP! If the response to this question is, "This picture is a year old but my friends tell me that I look the same". Then ask for a recent picture and don't meet the guy without getting one. Yes this may seem like a harsh request but when you have driven an hour to meet someone that clearly had a deceptive picture, you will value this advice.

  • DO YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR PICTURE? This question may seem like the same but it clarifies the first. I have meet men that have had recent pictures but decided to shave their head, started to grow twists, gained some weight recently , etc. My goal is to find out if I am going to get exactly what I am talking too at the moment. If you are dealing with a legit person, he will tell you if there have been since the last picture was taken.

  • DO YOU LIVE ALONE? I am not a fan of room mates. Men have confided in me that they have gone to meet men only to find out that the "mate" was an ex-lover. If you are hosting, then be prepared to let people know if there are others that share your space. Understand that many people are freaked out to some level about meeting anonymously. For them to come to your house and find it packed with people, elevates their fear. Keeping safety in mind I offer this advice, do not visit anyone on a first meeting that has a room mate. Meet in a public place or have him visit your home.

  • HOW OLD ARE YOU? Some guys online have two ages: the Interntet Age & the Real Age. Your job is to find out the real one. This may not be a major issue for some but imagine driving two hours to meet a man that has a picture and age that says he's 42. When you meet him, he tells you that is really 57. It's obvious that he's older but you are now pissed because you didn't get the facts. Some people may lie about the questions that we suggest you ask. Always let you potential hookups know that if anything is false when you meet that nothing is going to happen. The response will either be favorable or communication will stop. Either way you would have saved yourself the hassle. Use these questions and watch your connections improve.


11 comments:

  1. WOW, you could not be more right about this post...I completely agree.

    Now I am not one to do too many online hookups to begin with...It just never felt the same as spontaneous,in-person hookups, but I have dabbled in it, and I truly don't believe I have one decent story concerning an online hookup.
    That's why I leave the out-clause, that if I'm not feeling them or the situation, and vice versa, then no hard feelings on either side, if it just doesn't happen.

    I had a problem with all three of the things you mentioned...one guy had two of the three...Online he said he was 19 years old in college, when I meet him, he tells me he is 17 on his way to college, the subject came up after it slipped out, that he was grounded. Second his face looked the same, but the body was no tlike the body online. Not saying it wasn't his body online, just saying it must have been his booty from like when he was 15 instead...We really didn't get down, wasn't feeling him in person, sadly it had nothing to do with his age, if he ever told his parents on me, I would have to point out the mother of his kids, who was older than me, like 24 or 25 years old, which he never mentioned online.

    This other DL dude I met online invited me over his house. I get to his house, and when I get to the door, he looks nothing like his picture...I want to say he was liek 80 pounds heavier than his picture and bald, and not int he cute way. Instead of just running off I go inside, and who is waiting for us, this supposed "DL" introduces me to his mom, aunt, nieces and brother, who all live with him. I did a quick exit...sent me a text message 20 minutes later with "They finally left for the evening I can come back."...I told him it just wasn't going to happen have a nice life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this post 150%

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't help but laugh after reading this although it is a very serious matter. I do not believe in internet dating/hook-ups because you know that seventy percent of the applicants are not telling the whole truth; besides can you really trust a cyberspace hook-up?

    I have toyed with the notion and one requirement is a web cam that way you get up to see the person before hand and they are given the same opportunity to see me that way there are no surprises.

    You have given us some great advice, you are right we all need to be careful with internet hook-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. online dating/hooking up can be dangerous and disappoint when your expectations are not met...these are some good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and you can't forget the infamous "are you mobile?" lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. EXCELLENT BLOG!!! SIMPLY EXCELLENT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think Im not looking into the internet thingy anymore....Hope Im done looking.


    How are you HUN?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had two incidents but I will just use one as I will post the other on my blog.

    I invited a guy to come over off of one of these sites after he sent me a picture of h imself. The person who showed up at my door was not the person who was in that picture or described in that ad. His hair was now dark brown instead of gold. He was now shorter than me when he was supposed to be a bit taller than I am. And lastly he had aged quite a bit from when the last recent picture was taken. I slammed the door in his face without saying a single word.

    You know I like to hook up often, almost daily so I always make sure I do a little investigating. I need a minimum of 2 pictures. I also rarely travel to folks since I can control the situation in my own home easier. And since I know that there is only me and my guest in the house, I know that no one is going to jump in while I am whoooping your ass for getting unruly in my villa. RESPECT MY HOUSE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I met someone over the telephone once, and after several conversations we agreed to meet. I described myself thoroughly, so did he (or so I thought). When he got to my house, I happened to be looking out of the window and HEAVY D got out of the car...I mean saying that this man was close to 300 pounds and looked like he was "carrying his baby low" is an understatement. I closed the blinds, went back to my bedroom and turned on the tv. He left after ringing the doorbell for about five minutes. He didn't bother calling back because he knew that he lied when he described himself. I like heavier men, but I don't do sumo wrestlers. Why even lie about your description when you know eventually you will be found out. Maybe people do it with the hope that "when they see me, they may like me anyway". Well, what about the fact that you started off the relationship with a lie? Like my mother always says "thing, be that". Be proud of whatever you are and if there is room and incentive for improvement, go for it, but don't put people in the position of having to read you because you don't believe in being honest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YBANDDL – YOU SOUND A LIKE A MAN I COULD HANG WITH…

    JCAL456 – GLAD YOU LIKE THE POST

    CHET – IF YOU DON’T LAUGH SOMETIMES YOU WILL CRY…GLAD YOU LIKE THE ADVICE…

    KHMER – THANK YOU & YOU CAN ADD ME TO YOUR BLOG & I WILL ADD YOU TO MINE…

    THE CPA DOC – YEAH WE DON’T REALIZE HOW MUCH THIS GAME CAN COST US…

    NOBLE – HOW DID I FORGET THAT ONE?

    J. FOX – I AM SO GLAD YOU LOVE THE POST…

    ®‡ø – MAKE SURE YOU ASK THAT QUESTION…

    OYIN – I HEAR THAT…I AM GOOD AND YOU?

    KEISHA – AMEN!!! I LOVE YOUR STYLE…

    MIKE – I TURNED A GUY AWAY FOR DOING THAT SHIT TO ME…

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails