¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Monday, 10 March 2008

HIV: ¿SHOULD IT BE REVEALED WHETHER PROTECTED OR NOT?

As of the end of 2007, an estimated 33.2 million people around the world were living with HIV/AIDS, including the 2.5 million people who acquired HIV in 2007. The epidemic claimed an estimated 2.1 million lives in 2007. Now with these startling numbers one would think that there would more efforts placed on PREVENTION rather than the FACILITATION of this disease. However, we all know what the scenario is when it comes to HIV; this monster seems to show NO signs of slowing down and I feel that this is the case simply because we are NOT asking ourselves certain questions. I would like each one of us to ask ourselves this question, SHOULD HIV STATUS BE REVEALED WHETHER ONE IS USING PROTECTION OR NOT? Now when I did a poll of this question the response was as follows: YES 72% NO 9% MAYBE 19%. As proud, as I am of the fact that more of you think that it should be asked; it still frightens me to know that more of you are NOT sure OR think that it should NOT be asked. The first thing that enters my mind is WHEN IS UNPROTECTED SEXUAL INTERCOURSE ACCEPTABLE? Many of us would like to say that we did NOT intend on going @ it without a condom it just HAPPEN. Now being the man that I am I know for a FACT sex just do not HAPPEN! Living in a world where the majority of GAY males that I know are becoming infected with the HIV virus does NOT sit well with me and for the life of me I do NOT understand how we leave our lives to chance by NOT having protected sex @ all times. I saw a powerful ad the other day where there was a guy with two hands extended in one palm was a condom, the other palm was about thirty pills, and the caption read something to the effect that the choice was one or the other. A lifetime of thirty pills a day or using a condom. If we are SO hell bent on having sex by chance, we have to face the fact that this is what OUR lives will come to. It pains me that the subject of HIV is still a difficult topic to deal with. Nonetheless, if we want our lives to be easier we cannot bury our collective heads in the sand and pretend that it is NOT in our midst. Just the other day I was having a chat with someone that is HIV POSITIVE and he told me that he reveals his status before engaging in sex with others. Now I find this commendable, however I knew that he was lying because of certain things that got back to me. I wanted to call him out on his lies but I could not because I did not want to implicate my sources. Being the MAN that I am, I know that I will NOT be able to keep quiet with such information; I have to put right where right is and allow the chips to fall where they may. This is a CLEAR example of how ADULT men lay down with other adult men and DO NOT think of consequences, yet they get angry when they get burned. I WONDER WHAT HE WOULD SAY TO ANOTHER THAT GOT INFECTED BECAUSE HE IS HIV +? I KNOW THAT ASKING ABOUT ONE HIV STATUS CANNOT STOP THE DIESEASE, BUT I BELIEVE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER & THIS POWER NEEDS TO BE PUT IN THE RIGHT PLACE. I get that most will NOT reveal the truth, however I am of the opinion that the guilt that comes after a cums is stronger than any denial a HIV + man can live with. The GROWING practice of using SEX as a tool to get intimacy in this ERA of what is FACELESS sex needs to be STOPPED! THIS F&CK FIRST & ASK QUESTIONS LATER or NOT @ ALL IS CRAZY, HOW CAN WE KEEP HURTING OURSELVES IN THIS WAY? IT IS SAD TO REALIZE THAT WE HAVE FOOLED OURSELVES TO BELIEVE THAT JUST BECAUSE HIV TREATMENT CAN PROLONG THE LIFE OF AN HIV PERSON THAT WE F&CK AS CARELESS AS WE DO. I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY GAY MEN WOULD PUT THEIR LIVES @ RISK TWENTY ODD YEARS INTO THE AIDS PANDEMIC. THE LINE OF GAY MEN WAITING THEIR TURN TO GET THIS DISEASE IS ASTOUNDING THIS CLUB OF MEN THAT CANNOT BRING THEMSELVES TO TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES SEXUALLY IS MAD. IT WOULD BE NICE TO ASK ANOTHER MAN HIS STATUS BEFORE WE SPREAD EAGLE & HAVE SEX. I GUESS IT DOES NOT MATTER BECAUSE THE CONSENSUS IS THAT IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE WE ALL GET HIV~AIDS ANYWAYS… SHOULD HIV STATUS BE REVEALED WHETHER ONE IS USING PROTECTION OR NOT?

1 comment:

  1. Amen on this post. I really truly and honestly believe that ANY STD status should be revealed before engaging in sex. And if a person doesn't ask, the information should be volunteered.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails