¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Friday, 15 April 2011

¿WHAT ARE WE TO EACH OTHER?

We are all capable of the best and the worst that humanity has to offer and from time to time, I cannot help but feel fed up with humanity. There are always situations that leave me feeling that people are simply not capable of behaving in a way that is coming from a place of awareness. The other day, I was in the barber shop and I was listening to a conversation about a local woman that was ‘allegedly’ killed by her boyfriend. No one seemed outraged about her life being taken from her, they just talked about the awesome body this lady had. Now I know that each of us is on his/her own path, we all learn differently and react to things differently, but when something like this happens and given the reaction of the men in the barbershop, I can’t help but wonder what are we to each other?

They say that grief is part of the human experience and each of us shows it in different ways, but what does it mean when men show their grief (or lack thereof) in this manner? When life cracks the outer shell of our world in this way, what is more surprising, the life lost or the reaction of these men? How can something like this not cause them to feel shock and sadness? I see this death as a message of how crazy and confused this world is and how we as a people handle things in the worst possible way, REPEATEDLY! Am I wrong for feeling let down and disappointed by my fellow humans? Too often I find myself in the midst of persons whose energy is not in alignment with mine. How can someone like me protect my own consciousness and growth process while trying to honor persons that are so callous about the value of human life?

It is SO sad that too often many of us choose to numb ourselves and I have found in processing this, a way to be like an oyster and make my irritations into pearls. Because of this, I now go into social situations knowing that numbing myself to their numbness is sometimes the best recourse. Because no matter the cause, the only thing I can do is pledge to serve the best, rather than the worst, of what humanity has to offer, both in the world, and in myself…right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails