¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Sunday, 12 July 2009

¿GAY + CHRISTIAN = HARMONY?


For a while I’ve felt like we GAY folks are mere commodities for the Christians in this world; and though many of you will feel that I am passing judgment, PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM MERELY WRITING WHAT IS & HAVE BEEN SO PLAINLY EVIDENT. As a result of OUR MANY protestations to the contrary...which are prime examples of FALSE righteousness on each and every one of us, we have been used to draw other into a web of HATRED that has NO RIGHT TO EXIST! For those that doubt me, here’s an example: Who truly determines the value of an individual human being (a unit)? Why the church, NATURALLY and the rest is just par for the course. I feel that the church does NOT serve its practical purpose, therefore, to continue on with this HIGHLY MAKE-BELIEVE GAME OF CHRISTIANITY IS PRICELESS BEYOND MEASURE has gotten us to a place where it is US VS. THEM; and it will ONLY worsen as the time goes by. 

So me being me, I thought how does one combat this? I came upon a quote that said, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."~MAHATMA GANDHI. This led me to think that depending on who you ask about this US VS. THEM scenario, you’d get both sides pointing fingers who lies on which side of the LOVE N’ HATE divide…I am sure you know where I stand and I personally feel that one of the worst mistakes you can make in life is to attach your identity to any particular religion OR philosophy, such as by saying I AM A CHRISTIAN. I feel this forces the mind into a fixed perspective, robbing you of spiritual depth perception and inhumanly limit your ability to perceive reality accurately. If that sounds like a good idea to you, how does being GAY N’ CHRISTIAN sound to you? The thought if makes me scratch my head, but I can’t help but wonder if my single, fixed perspective on this issue has prevented me from considering two separate image streams?
 
Being a Christian simply means that a person adheres to Christianity, a monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, who Christians believe was the Son of God and had been prophesied in the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible. Hence being GAY N’ CHRISTIAN can actually represent a more intelligent approach without trying to force your perceptions into an artificial religious framework…What better way to change things…right? Christian truths are naturally rooted in a fixed perspective, but REAL truth is perspective-independent. So when Christians substitute religious teachings for truth, they mistake shadows for light sources. Consequently dooming themselves to stumble around in the dark utterly confused. So if a GAY person can get into that mix and represent himself, I feel clarity won’t forever elude us…crazy thoughts I know, but I figure we need  a way to bridge the gap between US & THEM…LOVE VS. HATE…

WHEN IT COMES TO BEING HUMAN BEINGS, SHOULDN’T WE BE LOVING, NON-JUDGING, FORGIVING & KIND HEARTED TO EACH OTHER? IT IS SO OBVIOUS THAT CHRISTIANITY ALONE CANNOT & DOES NOT REPRESENT LOVE N’ FAITH IN A SUPREME BEING…THERE IS A QUOTE THAT GOES, to choose dogma and faith over doubt and experiment is to throw out the ripening vintage and reach greedily for the Kool-Aid." ~ CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS…SO TO THE MANY CHRISTIANS THAT REALLY FEEL THAT GOD HATES US, AS THEY GO TO CHURCH EVERY WEEK, SING SONGS OF PRAISE ALL DAY LONG WHILE PROCLAIMING LOVE FOR A HIGHER & SHOWING HATRED TOWARDS US IS UNACCEPTABLE…& TO MY GAY FOLKS OUT THERE THAT HATE THEM RIGHT BACK, PLEASE KNOW THAT THINGS CAN’T & WON’T CHANGE IF THERE ISN’T A COMMON GROUND WHERE WE CAN ALL STAND…IT WOULD BE NICE TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE WE ALL CAN EXERCISE OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS TO BE WHO WE ARE  WHICH IN MY OPINION IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE ENERGY SOURCE THAT GIVES THE WORLD LIFE…


8 comments:

  1. I agree... Well written and heartfelt. As a proud gay man and preacher's kid I've chosen to teach my parents love - god's love - by living in my truth and having the ability to love them in their shortminded religion baed stupor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"

    I love that quote

    & this is so tru

    It interesting to believe in Christ / God as a gay man and be Ok with it - it's quite rare to find that but we do need so much more of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that there will ever be a common ground between "so called Christians" and people who happen not to be heterosexual. Have you ever tried to voice your opinions to a "so called christian"? They will do their favorite thing which is to go to the Bible and pick out what they want to use against you to prove that you are doomed to hell. First of all, do they not believe that the Bible should be used as their guide to life? Why then, would they chose to ignore so many parts of it such as "thou shalt not judge", and "treat others as you would want to be treated". They are so busy polishing their halos and walking on water that they forget the words, hatred, and judgements that they use to condemn us, per their religion, are going to send them straight to the hell they believe is reserved only for us. I believe that God represents love, faith, and good. How can anyone say that love of any kind is a bad thing? My heart goes out to non heterosexuals who have submitted to the "so called christians" way of thinking and go to worship weekly with people who they know cannot stand them or who/what they are. These "so called christians" create a hell on earth for all that do not subscribe to their beliefs. IS THAT WHAT GOD REALLY WANTED?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that quote from Ghandi on my bumper sticker!

    But just as I do not allow other people to define my life, I also do not allow other people to define my philosophy. Your philosophy is what guides you through your life in good times and bad. Jesus, the Christ, is part of my philosophy. I do not allow other people to define what Christ means to me. I think His words and His life were quite simple.

    Unfortunately, people (not YET exercising individuality and intelligence) have accepted the Church as intermediary between God and the people. There is only ONE intermediary, Jesus. He said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man cometh to the father but by me."

    It is completely possible to be gay and Christian. Christian to me simply means living a life where service, meditation and study are a part of your daily routine; a life where YOU steadily recede as the center and you work yourself to the point where you may become a vessel of blessings for those in your fied of service.

    So, many people who might not otherwise consider themselves Christian, may very well be of that spirit. It helps if we do not get hung up on names and titles and words. They can be severe distractions sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You already know my views on this....

    ReplyDelete
  6. COCOA – GLAD YOU LIKE THIS BLOG ENTRY…KEEP PASSIN’ THE OPEN WINDOWS RIGHT?
    ®‡ø – NICE TO SEE YOU HERE…

    MIKE – ONE CAN HOPE HUH? I LOVE YOUR TAKE ON CHRISTIANITY…

    THOMAS – WELL IT SEEMS THAT I AM CHANNELING YOUR BUMPER STICKER…

    OYIN – I DO? L(O)L…

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I gently remind you that Christ himself said in the word that he came for the outcast, those rejected by society, not those already well.. I am a proud christian, who believes "That God So Loved The World, That He Gave His Only Begotten Son,That Whosoever Believeth In Him Shall Have Everlasting Life". People hate what they do not understand. God is and alwalys has been love, and so is his son, he loves us all. I don't like the fact that my religion has been hijacked by those who do not protray "Christ-like" values. I encourage you to all go on your own personal journey if you seek to find Christ. I find freedom in Christ, I just ignore those filled with hate, because I know thats not what Christ was about. You don't necessarily have to go to church to be a christan or a believer in Christ, you already have access to him through prayer. I totally understand what Mike Spike meant about people picking and choosing scriptures, they do that to hide there fear. Truth be told no human being has a heaven or hell to put any of us in,Christ just asks us to belive on him and he will take care of the rest. The bible says that many people who call the lord, lord won't enter in and I think that is because they have not been showing and sharing the love of Christ, even the book of Revelation Christ asks the group of people gathered infront of him, if they had visited the sick, helped the poor, looked out for the needy etc. However I just want to point out that Christ gives us all salvation freely, its not something that is earned, so if someone trys to trap you in legalism, beware. Take Care Everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. RODRIGO - WHEN FIRST SAW THE LONG COMMENT YOU LEFT I WAS THINKING OH LAWD HE IS GOING GIVE ME TONGUE LASHING, BUT I WAS WRONG...THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT...LOOK FORWARD TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails