¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Saturday, 08 December 2007

AS I AGE...

The term AGING is somewhat ambiguous and how society reacts towards this phenomenon is nothing beyond amazing. Aging is an important part of all society that NOT only reflects the biological changes, but the cultural and societal conventions. Aging is any change in an organism over time and given the YOUTH DRIVEN world in which we live, one can only see why there are persons out there that has a severe problem with getting AND looking older. One like me on the other hand embraces the inevitable transformation of the AGING process. There are friends of mine that see me as crazy OR uninformed because of my attitude and I constantly being told that I too someday will get to be the age they are now. Next year I will be entering my 3rd decade of life on this planet and I could NOT be happier. So imagine when my 4th decade of life begins, I will be OLDER n’ WISER. Being a GAY MAN I find it very strange, yet extremely profound that most GAY MEN are hung up on looks AND youthfulness. Hence, getting older means that they CANNOT or WILL NOT be able to do the things that they use to do. THIS IN MY OPINION IS A GREAT THING! However, the societal effects of AGING are huge and the GENERATION GAP begs one to question @ At what age does one become old? As time passes, it seems as if the young-old age threshold continues to decrease. To my dismay, what I consider OLD is a few decades beyond what those younger than me considers mature. I still do not get the problem that they have about getting old. I get that SOCIETY’S expectation of them has changed, but when did WE as a species actually obey the laws deemed by society? Over time, the age of desirability for GAY men seems to get younger AND younger. The age discrimination and lack of attention older or mature gay men receive is just simply the hands of time turning back on us. SO WHY DO WE GET ALL CAUGHT UP IN NOT BEING AS YOUNG AS WE ONCE WERE? I GET GETTING OLDER MAKES ONE THINKS ABOUT THE FUTURE. HOWEVER, IF ONE IS STUCK IN BEING THE 20 YEAR VERSION OF HIMSELF THEN I THINK HE HAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM BECAUSE HE OBVIOUSLY DID NOT MAKE THE CONNECTION WITH WHOM HE IS or SHOULD BE…

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails