¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Tuesday, 13 November 2012

FEELING FOR MY STRAIGHT FRIEND

WHAT SAGE ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO THIS E-MAIL: I am in a happy 6 month relationship. My boyfriend and I are both young (23 and 22) and we live together. Thing is, I never expected our relationship to develop this far.  When we started dating, I was getting over being rejected by a friend of mine that I was nearly in love with. He made it clear that he was straight by introducing his girlfriend to me, but when he did he had so much sadness in his eyes. He even tried to stop me from leaving his place. We hung out a lot. All of my friends who knew about the situation felt that we were afraid to admit what we each really wanted.
Then I eventually felt like it was silly of me to try to be with someone when I was unsure about their sexuality. I started dating the best guy ever to come into my life. My boyfriend basically put me back together after the rejection. I told him a few months into our relationship about my crush on my 'straight' friend and he said did not care. Then my crush and I started hanging out again. He says he isn't 'crazy' jealous, though.
My boyfriend is compassionate, loving, just great. But I still have feelings for my 'straight' friend. Strong ones, though I keep them repressed. I never admitted to my friend the feelings that I have. And I don't know why I like him so much, if it's because I'm black and he's Asian,  or if it's because we are so much alike. I feel a bit guilty because it seems I'm leading my boyfriend on but I seriously do love him. Any advice on what I should do?

Signed

Love, Divided

1 comment:

  1. Gee whiz... Who hasn't been there? It is an unnecessary pain when you endure a crush that you know will never happen. Falling in love with a best friend is already a difficult (yet, common) ordeal. Then, to add sexual orientation into the mix... You can love someone with all of your heart, but if that love is not reciprocated, only a fool would subject themselves to it.

    ...and trust, Love has a tendency of making a DAMN FOOL out of me...

    -_Cogito

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails