¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Wednesday, 15 February 2012

NEEDS VS. WANTS (MONEY)


This blog entry is about the people who seem to think that the gluttony of ‘life’s circumstantial gifts’ is a self perpetuating addiction that is non compassionate to others feelings, and ultimately creates tension within a friendship. You see these people live on the clouds of ‘the world owes me’, because of the circumstantial double sided monster when it comes to money (i.e. need vs. want).

Among other things, I've paid particular attention to those who seem to have fallen into the ‘entitlement category’. Generally I’ve found that they slowly hit a ‘wall’ where the sense of ‘entitlement’ continues even though the reasons for it have melted away with the realities of life. The one who expected to inherit large sums of money often led a very careless, dysfunctional life only to either find the ‘money’ elusive or not forthcoming at all. Those with some semblance of fame, be it in their own little world, often still lived in the past of those moments while others came, and went ignoring the ‘self adulation’.

So with all this said, I have one question for you: say I am millionaire, I loan you $100 and you promised to pay me back, is it (un)altruistic to expect it back?

10 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone should feel entitled to what another has. Period. Work for what you have. Yeah, people go through rough times, that does not mean their financial obligations should just disappear. If I loan someone $100 dollars, and I'm rich, well guess what, I still want it back. If I want to GIVE money to charities for people who truly need it that should be my choice, because it is my money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reaffirming my thoughts/feelings on this subject. Been dealing with a LOT lately and I am about to cut an action movie!

      Delete
  2. I have a different twist on this. I typically don't expect to be paid back when I "loan" people money, *especially* family members. I consider it gone - and it's true, I haven't seen a penny returned to me. LOL!!! Besides, if I don't have extra money to spare, I simply tell you I can't loan you anything.

    But, I do observe what they use it for, especially if they say they need it for a specific purpose. If they went and spent the money on something else, well then, next time you won't get my help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going forward I would do just that, if I have extra then I will loan monies out if not well...

      Delete
  3. I could write, produce and star in this epic tale. I make it a rule that I don't lend money to anyone and if I doI can almost be sure I will not get it back. Not exactly sure way it is that when people get loans from people they tend not to pay them loans back, but then again I guess they feel if we have money to loan we don't care if we get the money back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am changing my stance on lending monies to family/friends.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I do not make a habit of borrowing money, but the couple times I've come up short in cab fare, or forgot my wallet pay back has always been a priority. I guess I figure if anyone cares enough about you to give you money out of their own pocket to help you out in a ttime of need that is someone you want to show your gratitude and respect for. How? By paying them back on time. Not having them track you down, you call them and say " hey I have that money I owe you when can I drop it off."

    ReplyDelete
  5. ENTITLED? Dont get me started other than to say that those who consider themselves entitled remain that way.

    Case in point, my partner and I are going to wind up holding the bag to the tune of $60K for his mother's nursing home care due to 'gifts' made over the last 7 years from the deceased father via emotional blackmail to his 52 year old "I WONT GROW UP" near do-nothing younger brother and bullying but equally as 'helpless' wife.

    CALL ME ENTITLED because I am ENTITLING myself to go after the house that daddie funded as well as the 2009 vehicle gifted upon daddie's demise. "How will I get to work, where will we live?".. Peter Pan cried. "We dont give a fuck how or where," relpies me.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails