¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Sunday, 15 January 2012

WHAT GAY MEN WANT: THE SPIRITUAL SURVEY


Gay men and religion have a sorted relationship. Religion is used too often to demonize us and our relationships even though many guys hold religious and spiritual beliefs in higher powers, as they define them. 

Underneath the judgment, however, are gay men who have relationships with varying faiths, religions, and spiritual practices. Many remain dedicated, regardless of what houses of faith say about men loving men. Others choose personal spiritual relationships that are more one-with-one and less one-against-many. Some don't practice at all.

Regardless of religious or spiritual practice, how important is it in your relationship? Are you comfortable maintaining your beliefs in a relationship where your boyfriend thinks otherwise? Would you share an inter-faith relationship? Or, as opposite, is a religion a deal breaker? 

6 comments:

  1. Due to the fact that I had severe learning difficulties as a kid and could not master the Hebrew alphabet, I was already considered an illiterate and a social outcast way before I would have gotten bounced as a practicing homosexual. (Of note, it is okay in my religion to BE a homosexual, it's just not okay to have Gay sex.)

    None of the above stopped me from developing a warm and personal relationship with God as who I am, from the comfort of my own home and in the language of my country of origin.

    I do not support any organized religion or belief system (or political party) that is based on fear, hate or exclusion.
    Though I wouldn't dare to speak for God, I suspect that He doesn't either.

    My partner is a very angry lapsed Catholic who does not share my personal philosophy, but we get along just fine. We dont talk about religion and I do his praying for him as sort of a go-between just to keep his name in circulation up "There" cuz he might just decide to start praying on his own some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEFF: IF YOU SAY THINGS LIKE GOD DON'T SUPPORT ANY ORGANIZED RELIGIOUS BELIEF THEY WILL HEAR YOU. I AM A LAPSED CATHOLIC MYSELF SO HUGS TO YOUR PARTNER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an atheist, but it has nothing to do with being gay. My parents are atheists. My maternal grandparents are atheists. I find the whole god concept impossible to wrap my head around. My bf is a rather angry ex-Christian. He is a far better atheist than I am:). I do not know if I could deal with a bible thumping Christian. To tell you the truth the bible quoting basher can be a test

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAMIES: GENERATIONAL ATHEISM? INTERESTING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about generational. It not like pressed upon is. I just think if your parents raise you without any belief in mystical or miracle stuff you tend not to trust things that do not make sense from a scientific point of view. I was raised knowing that farriers do not exist... Not even the ones who turn your teeth into money, and of a rabbit "lays" anything you sure as hell aren' t going to want to eat it, if people walk on water it is winter time and "virgin" births is the lamest teen pregnancy excuse ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JAMIES: LAMEST TEEN PREGNANCY EVER LOL!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails