¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Saturday, 11 December 2010

I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU/YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY


I'll Be There for You/You're All I Need to Get By is a Grammy winning duet performed by rapper Method Man, and R&B singer Mary J. Blige.
The song is a remix of Method Man's "All I Need" (which appears on his 1994 debut album Tical), with an interpolation of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell's 1968 hit, "You're All I Need to Get By", with Mary J. Blige singing the choruses, and backing vocals. Another version of the song was released, entitled "Puff Daddy Mix," which was produced by Sean Combs. The song features the original "All I Need" instrumental, and repeatedly uses the sample ("Lie together, cry together/I swear to God I hope we fuckin' die together") from The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Me & My Bitch". Another remix version, titled "Razor Sharp Mix" was produced by RZA. The song received a platinum certification for single sales of over 1,200,000 in the U.S. making it the only female/rap collaboration to achieve sales of over 1 million (physical) sales in the 90's, the debate could be made that this song is the most successful female singer/rapper collaboration of the 90's and possibly all times. Starting 09-25-95 I’ll Be There For You/You’re All I Need To Get By Method Man featuring Mary J. Blige stayed Number 1 on the Canadian Hot 100 for 5 weeks.
The song peaked at number three on the pop charts, and number one on the R&B singles chart, a position it held for three weeks [1]. The song also ended up winning the duo the Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group in 1996.
"I'll Be There for You/You're All I Need to Get By" appears on Radio 1 Established 1967, a compilation album celebrating the 40th anniversary of BBC Radio 1. In 2008, it was ranked number 44 on VH1's "100 Greatest Songs of Hip Hop" list. In 2009, Method Man and Mary J. Blige performed the song together atVH1's 6th Annual Hip Hop Honors ceremony. The song is often cited as the hybrid of what's now known as "Thug-Loved" duets.

2 comments:

  1. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my friends check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails