¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Tuesday, 12 January 2010

¿REAL MEN WEAR PINK...RIGHT? (HERE IT COMES AGAIN!)



So last week Friday, I decided to wear a PINK shirt to work…you would think that I would have learned from doing it on previous jobs but… @ First I hesitated because I knew how most feel about men wearing a shirt that color. But something in me kicked in and I threw it on with a pair of jeans. When I arrive to work, I could feel the eyes on me…you know the stares that say, is he REALLY wearing that? I find it SO interesting that SO many care about what is placed on MY body. @ The end of the day it is all about what pleases me and NOT them…right?

So I made it to lunch time and my co-worker who is just as crazy as I am came to the supervisor as I was with her. He then asks her if she is going to mandate that both of us wear pink shirts from now on. She then looked @ him like he was from another planet and was like NO! Then he asks her if one of us come to work with a dress on, what would she say and/or do about it? She then said, well as long the work is done I could care less what you are wearing! I smiled as he looked like he was about to pass out from what she said. I would like to think that @ that moment he realized that this pink shirt business is SO stupid because it is just that…A SHIRT!

But I don’t expect him or the MANY others that feel this way to get some common sense about what feel a man should/shouldn’t wear. My life is ALL ABOUT DOING WHAT FULFILLS ME! I control what is placed on this body of mine and no one make me feel less than because of what I CHOOSE to wear. So I will continue to disregard the IGNORANT thoughts of my co-worker and the MANY like him that exist in this world. I know that MY confidence gives me something they can’t even give themselves because they are SO concerned about looking and being like each other. But between you, me and couple dead people, I feel that my co-worker is into me on some level because every 5-10 minutes this guy is bothering with me…cracking jokes, talking a bunch of shit and teasing me…I guess P!NK is right when says WE ARE ALL PINK ON THE INSIDE…However the difference here is that I wear mine on the outside as well…



12 comments:

  1. Have u ever seen someone who's trying to cover up something, but that thing refuses to stay put wherever he is trying to shove it? That thing becomes just like a worm to him, so he fidgets & says & does things that threaten to expose what he's hiding. Is that your co-worker right there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understood the big deal. Who cares if a man wears pink? It doesn't make him any less of a man. That's other people showing their ignorance and insecurity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MISS SHALLOTTE - THAT SOUNDS LIKE HIM...

    SCORNED WOMAN - I SO AGREE WITH YOU...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wearing pink as a sign of femeninity is like using labels...we get this packaged perception or sterotype and we allow others to define certain things for us. That is why they have fashionistas, designers and models...these are people whose work it is to tell society what is cool and what isn't. Yet are we not being superficial and ignorant by accepting these as written in stone?
    great blog...saludos,
    raulito
    http://fromtop2bttm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most British Men wear pink and I think it's cool - I actually wear pink like 3 days a week to work, and I usually get complements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a pink shirt not a man in a pink dress (cheese on bread)! Either way a person should be able to wear any color garment he or she wishes.

    The pink shirt is probably worn by more STR8 men than gay, they pass it off on the golf course and cruise ship vacations.

    I love my pink Izod shirt, if it were long sleeves I'd wear it tomorrow. Attention should not be paid to those people frowning upon the pink shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Years ago I remember watching Dr Ruth on the Letterman show and she said that there were large gay communities in NY and San Francisco because gay men were attracted to the big cities. Letterman said, "Really," and went onto say that he thought they were attracted to something else.

    In the end it was just another meaningless stereotype like the color pink. Another excuse to discriminate and find fault.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have thought you a huge supporter of breast cancer awareness.

    If I worse anything but T shirts I could see myself in a pink dress shirt. Did you have a decent tie to fo with it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I love a man that wears a pink shirt. I dont know about the bahamas but here in the US ( maryland at least) its cute to see a man explore outside the box...wearing pink at least. It shows that you are your own person and that you dont care what others see of you ( a strong black man). Besides my son's favorite color is pink...lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rock that pink my friend! Be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. RAULITO - YOU SAID IT SO PERFECTLY...IT IS ALL ABOUT LABELS!

    STEVEA - I THINK I NEED TO MOVE TO YOUR COUNTRY...

    CHET - THEY DON'T GET MY ATTENTION @ ALL!

    CURIOUS - ANOTHER MEANINGLESS STEREOTYPE INDEED...

    THE WALKING MAN - ALWAYS HAVE ON A DECENT TIE...L(O)L!

    SHAR - I LOVE THAT YOUR SON IS NOT AFRAID OF STUPID LABELS!

    EDUARDO - ALWAYS DO BABES!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink is my favorite color! =0)
    But it's sad that people automatically assume my sexuality just because I have a fondness for pink. For all they know I could be straight.

    Oh my god I love Francois Sagat...

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails