¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Wednesday, 17 December 2008

IGNORANCE CAN BE BLISS

I’ve come to realize that as of late that IGNORANCE CAN BE BLISS. Though it can be a great benefit to know the tiniest details of events, both bitter and sweet, there are also times when knowing less about the future, our situations, and the world can be beneficial. I think I’ve become numb from all the pain that exists in this world and I’ve taken a step away from knowledge that will have a negative impact on me. When I buy the local papers or surf the internet I see the headlines but stay clear of them because I am tired of exposing myself to the realities of this world. CRAZY HUH? I’ve been writing about how we need acknowledge the world and it’s problems yet there are times that I choose to BLISSFULLY IGNORANT…Even when it comes to the personal lives of others, I’ve found that it is BETTER to not know certain things so that I don’t invest myself in their lives. I’ve found that humans are creatures of habit and we LOVE to bathe ourselves in the things that aren’t good for us and who am I to say that you are living your life in the wrong way? This BLISSFUL IGNORANCE is SO sweet that it can propel me forward because I don’t have all the information and I won’t feel compel to put myself in the position of helper (not that I don’t want to help) because others don’t need it OR me…Circumstances forced me to take a job that didn’t pay close to what I am worth and I entered my new situation with a bitter taste AND preconceived notions that has created the scenarios I work with that I call my manager. So I’ve decided that the less I know about her the more she can remain human to me (sounds crazy huh?). However, I’ve elected to experience this situation with NO expectations so that I can prevent myself from having any preset ideas and focus on my long term goals…I’VE COME TO SEE THAT SOMETIMES IN LIFE THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH AVOIDING TOO MUCH INFORMATION, PARTICUALRLY WHEN THE KNOWLEDGE ISN’T GOING TO SERVE YOU. I’VE FOUND THAT WHEN INFORMATION IS EMOTIONALLY DRAINING, IMPEDES MY PROGRESS, CAUSES DISTRESS OR ISN’T NECESSARY TO MY EXPERIENCE I WILL LET IS PASS ME BY…& SEE THAT THE BLISS OF IGNORANCE CAN SOMETIMES BE A GIFT…

10 comments:

  1. Talking about ignoring what is going on in the world sometimes, I think what you already know is enough. So it's not necessarily ignorance in this case.

    If you think about it, what exactly is new in the world? The stories are the same year after year. And they have been since the beginning of man. Hatred, jealousy, killings, rapes wars, what is new there? The only difference is, the details might vary here and there.

    Overloading yourself with problems, even other people's is never good for the soul. No matter how kind and good a person you are, there comes a point when enough is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you say, that ..'humans are creatures of habit and we love to bathe ourselves in things that aren't good for us..'.

    What more can one say? We either are as stubborn as mules, refusing to see what is as clear as spring water. Or we only open our ears and eyes only when something really bad happens. Yep, that's us humans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO AGREE THAT IGNORANCE CAN BE BLISS AT TIMES. THERE ARE SOMETHINGS I WOULD RATHER NOT KNOW BECAUSE OF THEIR POTENTIAL NEGATIVE IMPACT AND ARE NOT BENEFICIAL IN ANY WAY.REMINDS ME OF THE SAYING THAT SOMETHINGS ARE BETTER LEFT UNSAID AND I WOULD ADD UNKNOWN.
    IT IS INDEED TRUE THAT WE ARE CREATURES OF HABITS AND NEGATIVE HABITS IN PARTICULAR AND ARE UNWILLING TO CHANGE UNTIL WE HIT ROCK BOTTOM.SOMETIMES IT IS BEST TO LEAVE SOME PEOPLE TO THEIR OWN DEVICES AND TO REALIZE THE ERRORS OF THEIR WAYS SINCE OUR WARNINGS AND WORDS OF ADVICE OFTEN GO UNHEEDED. AT THE END OF THE DAY EVERYBODY HAS TO LIVE THEIR LIFE THEIR OWN LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe in being blissfully ignorant
    I also believe that ignorance is not innocence but sin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess what I mean is that when we choose to ignore certain things and pretend that it is not there then we are committing an injustice to ourselves and others. And I am guilty of it. But I can't help but think of persons who say certain things or act a certain way and we know their opinions are warped but we accept what they say because we feel they don't know any better are ignorant or aren't able to change. That's where I feel the major injustice comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOW THIS IS MORE MY SPEED!!!!! YES... SOMETIMES I JUST GET SO TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS THAT CONTINUOUSLY HURT ME BUT BENEFIT OTHERS SO I CHOOSE TO IGNORE THEM. SOMETIMES I GET SO EMOTIONALLY DRAINED THAT THE ONLY OTHER REACTION IS IRRATIONALITY --- ALMOST INSANITY. SO YES... I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS POST, IF I COULD GIVE KUDOS U'D HAVE THEM ALL ON THIS ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see why they call you the pastor...PREACH IT...o and dont ask me about my name change.... If it makes me lose my place in commentation...then I will change it back for that reason....lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just another message to see if the number would change...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. ummm looking at the pic...why does his body look so fake??







    *formally Kin'shar

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find myself doing the same thing. Especially when it comes to people involving me in their own personal situations. I know that I tend to make their issues my own. And its not fair to either of us. So now i tred lightly when it comes to know the ins and outs of peoples lives

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails