¡We can no longer be a bunch of empty minds living in critical times refusing to recognize real lies!

Saturday, 04 October 2008

WHEN CAN I SEE YOU?

In late 1993 Babyface, who was at the top of his game as POP/R&B's hottest writer and producer, released his acclaimed solo album For the Cool in You. The album featured four hit singles, those being the title track, "Never Keeping Secrets," "And Our Feelings," and the song that went on to become his signature tune, WHEN CAN I SEE YOU? This song reached #4 on the charts. When I was researching the info on this song, I realized that music have SO much power because it bring such intense emotion of years gone by. When I hear first heard this song I MERELY 16…WOW!!! I guess that’s a classic will ALWAYS be current. What I LOVE about BABYFACE is that he uses his talent to put himself out there, no gimmicks, and no stupid music videos…just pure soul-shattering music. This song is VERY emotional AND raw without being dramatic. I don’t know about what you think, but Usher, Chris Brown and Ne-Yo are a LONG way off from the talent of this man and this song proves that.

2 comments:

  1. I think Ne-Yo is doing a good job. I think some of his music will be around for a while.

    Yea, I was/am a fan of Babyface. I wish he'd come back on the scene.

    When will I see you again was a cut you could just lay back and snap ya fingers and sing along with and just chill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YES!!!! I REMEMBER THIS SONG, ITS HOT...PLAYING IT NOW...GREAT THROWBACK

    www.youtube.com/shaunsag

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails