Saturday, 31 May 2008
Friday, 30 May 2008
Thursday, 29 May 2008
Wednesday, 28 May 2008
It is said that, IN THE GREAT SYMPHONY OF LIFE, WE ALL HAVE IMPORTANT PARTS TO PLAY. While some people are best suited to be conductors or soloists, their contributions would be diminished considerably without the individual musicians that lend their artistry to the fullness of an orchestra. I have a close friend of mine that has HIV and of course from moment he told me that he had this disease it has been just him and me. I had NO problems with this; however, I felt that he should let others know so that they can offer him the much needed assistance he would require for the fight that is upon him. After about 6 months he came out AND revealed his situation to another friend in our group. I don’t think that he will die from the disease anytime soon but I am worried that he is worried that he might. It is SO hard to realize that someone has to go through this ordeal and be POWERLESS to help find a way to be rid of this disease. All one can do is offer strength AND support AND hope that he will be able to find a way to heal himself. He HAS to find a way to HONOR his life because it will bring him closer to the connection of his purpose. For if he does NOT, he will SLIP AWAY…The natural tendency is to push it away and move past it as quickly as possible; and brush it under the rug. I hope that his opening up about his status means that he realizes that the more he resist this, the LONGER it will persist.
Tuesday, 27 May 2008
Monday, 26 May 2008
Sunday, 25 May 2008
Saturday, 24 May 2008
Friday, 23 May 2008
Thursday, 22 May 2008
WHEN YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT WHAT YOU CRAVE, TAKE ALL OF WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED IN YOUR PAST FOR IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW YOU HAVE GROWN. HEED THE TEACHERS IN YOUR LIFE NO MATTER WHAT FORM THEY TAKE…USE WHAT THEY SAY & REMEMBER EVERYTHING! LIVE FOR EVERYDAY, SEE WHAT LIFE REALLY MEANS & KNOW THAT YOU ARE HERE BECAUSE WHAT YOU CRAVED YESTERDAY, TODAY & TOMORROW…
Wednesday, 21 May 2008
Angel Kiss - This is a sweet, comforting kiss. Gently and ever so lightly kiss your partner either on the eye lid or right next to the eyes.
Cheek Kiss - A friendly, "I really like you" kiss. Often the preferred kissing method of a first date. With your hands on your partner's shoulders, gently brush your lips across her cheek.
Butterfly Kiss - With your faces less than a breath away, open and close your eyelids against your partners. If done correctly, the fluttering sensation will match the one in your heart.
Freeze Kiss - Experiment with this fun kiss. Put a small piece of ice in your mouth, then open mouth and kiss your partner, passing them the ice with your tongue. It's an erotic and sensual french kiss with a twist of cold.
Eskimo Kiss - With your faces less than a breath apart, gently rub your noses together.
Earlobe Kiss - Gently sip and lick the earlobe. Avoid louder licking noises as ears are sensitized noise detectors.
French Kiss - The kiss involving the tongue. Some call this the "Soul Kiss" because the life and soul are thought to pass through the mouth's breath in the exchange across tongues.
Forehead Kiss - The "motherly" kiss or "just friends" kiss. The forehead kiss can be a comforting kiss to anyone. Simply brush your lips lightly across the crown of their head.
Foot Kiss - An erotic and romantic gesture. It may tickle, but relax and enjoy it! To give a toe kiss by gently licking the toes and then lightly kissing the foot. It helps to gently massage the base of the foot while performing the kiss.
Hickey Kiss - The object is not to draw blood, but to gently leave a mark that will prove your interlude was not a dream. This is often included in erotic foreplay.
Hand Kiss - Gently raise her hand to your lips. Lightly brush your lips across the top of her hand. Historically this kiss was performed with a bow, which showed deference to a lady.
Hot/Cold Kiss - Get a cold drink and put some in your mouth. Have your partner gets a hot drink and puts some in their mouth. You then French kiss leaving a sensational feeling.
Letter Kiss - Send your lover a kiss in a love letter by writing the letter x several times in a row at the bottom of a letter such as.
Mistletoe Kiss - Surprise your lover by capturing them with a gentle holiday kiss under the mistletoe. This is also a good method for shyer individuals to steal a kiss from a potential lover.
Neck Kiss - Come up behind the person you want to kiss. Lightly lick the back of their neck, then kiss the back of their neck a few times.
Neck Nibble - Kiss Gently nibble up and down your partners neck. End with a gentle kiss on the lips.
Nip Kiss - This kiss can create a very erotic sensation. While kissing your partner, ever so gently nibble on their lips. You must be very careful not to bite to hard or hurt your partner. When done correctly, this kiss ignites wonderful sensations.
Shoulder Kiss - Simply come from behind, embrace him/her, and kiss the top of their shoulder. This is a sensual, loving kiss.
Sip Kiss - Take a small sip of your favorite drink. Leaving a little bit of it on your lips, kiss your partner. It is a unique way to create a sensual feeling and your partner will enjoy it.
Stomach Kiss - Gently kiss and nibble on your partners stomach, and sometimes it leads to other things.
Talking Kiss - Whisper sweet nothings into your partner's mouth. If caught in the act, simply say, "we weren't kissing. I was whispering into his mouth."
Tiger Kiss - Quietly sneak up behind your partner making sure they do not know what you are going to do. Out of the blue, grab them and gently bite their neck. Make sure to get a few good growls in too. This will surely surprise them.
Tongue Kiss - While french kissing your partner, gently licking their tongue while it's in your mouth. This produces a wonderful, erotic feeling for both!
Quickie Kiss - When you're in a rush. Often the nose gets it rather than the lips.
Upside Down Kiss - You stand behind your partner (who is seated or laying down) and have them tilt their head back. Then kiss them so that you nibble their lower lip and they nibble yours. This is fun and feels good because you can feel them breathing on your neck as you kiss.
Underwater Kiss - Find your partner under water. Embrace and kiss. It's a unique and wonderful feeling. By the time you run out of air, you'll be back at the top. Continuing the kiss is optional.
Underwater Deep End Kiss - Dive to the bottom of the deep end of a pool. Find your partner under water and begin kissing. Continue as you rise to the top.
Vacuum Kiss - While kissing open-mouthed, slightly suck in as if you were sucking the air from your partners mouth. This is a playful kiss.
Virtual Kiss For Internet lovers - Send an e-card or a kiss via email with this symbol: :-* .
The Wave Kiss - While kissing your partner, slowly roll your tongue like a wave, up and down. It can be a little sloppy, but it's a unique feeling and always gets a little laugh when it's done.
Tuesday, 20 May 2008
- Make time for more than a quickie. Most guys first learn to masturbate in secret and furtive ways. They do it quickly and need to figure out what to do with the evidence afterward. This can create a powerful pattern of masturbating quickly, without paying attention to where your sexual arousal can take you. To start exploring something different, make sure you have some extended time and privacy for yourself, where you aren’t trying to finish quick before someone interrupts.
- Turn off the porn (just for a while) and tune into your body. Not everyone likes porn, but a lot of guys do, and while porn can be great, it also takes you out of your body a bit with the fantasy. This can distract you from what’s actually happening in your body. You don’t need to throw the porn away, but for a few times, masturbate without porn, and objectify yourself for a change!
- Do a…dry…run through. Bad pun aside, it’s a good idea to take this suggestion and masturbate as you normally would. As you do this pay attention to changes in your breathing. Does it become shallow and quick, slower and deeper? Changes in your body. Is there tension in some places, and relaxation in others? Is this the same every time you masturbate? How does it feel just before you have an orgasm? How does it feel as you orgasm, and immediately post-orgasm?
- Time to switch it up. Men learn early in their lives the most effective way to get themselves off. And most never waver from the utilitarian approach to self love. But sex is less like a well oiled machine, and more like a chaotic food fair, where there is an endless selection of ways to satisfy your appetites. So it’s time to throw a wrench in the works and shake up your routine.
- Try any combination of the following suggestions: Does your left hand know what your right hand is doing? Do you always use the same one hand to masturbate? Most guys do. If you’re among them, start with the simple tip of switching hands. It can feel strange at first, the rhythm might be off, it’s almost like sex with someone new for the first time. Enjoy the newness, and see if a new hand can teach an old hand some tricks.
- Experiment with positions. If you aren’t an experimental type, it’s time to start. If you’re used to masturbating lying down on your back, try sitting up. If you normally sit in a chair, try standing, or kneeling. As with all these changes, this might feel ridiculous at first, and you’ll probably go back to old faithful, but see what masturbation feels like in different positions, and notice if it brings with it any new sensations.
- Get your hips moving. The way your body moves when you masturbate is probably very different from the way it moves when you’re having sex with someone else. Many men don’t move at all when they masturbate. Try to move your hips when you masturbate, simulating the thrusting of intercourse. Notice how moving your hips in different ways can bring you closer to, and at times take you farther away from, the point of orgasm.
- Use different hand strokes. Most men learn early on that a vigorous stroke does the trick. This intense up and down stimulation usually ends in a good orgasm. But there are dozens of other strokes that each bring with them different sensations, and different orgasms. Roll your penis in between your hands, moving your hands up and down your shaft. Try using long twisting strokes instead of just up and down. Experiment with different movements, pressures, and speeds.
- Explore your shaft. While most of the nerve endings on the penis are at the head, and specifically the frenulum, many men will have spots on their shaft that are unusually sensitive. Try putting one hand at the base of your penis and press it towards your body while experimenting with different hand strokes along the shaft of your penis. Treat this like a treasure hunt, and try to feel the difference between one side and the other, between stimulation near the base and up near the tip.
- Reach around, yourself. For many men the balls (testicles) are a very sensitive area that responds well to feelings of touch and pressure. Take your forefinger and thumb and make them in a circle at the top of your scrotum. Gently tug on your scrotum as your masturbating. This is both a way to prevent you from ejaculating and a way to extend sexual feelings in your body. Experiment with other kinds of touch including tickling, scratching, and rubbing.
- Check out the neighborhood. While the penis and scrotum tend to be the epicenter of masturbatory attention, if you’re looking to open things up a bit, be sure to take a tour of some other nearby areas. The perineum, the area between the scrotum and anus, is very sensitive to pressure and massage, and rubbing it provides external prostate stimulation. Speaking of which, don’t be afraid to explore the anus, both externally and by using a finger for penetration.
- Bring it all together. Not everything you try is going to do it for you, but the idea behind the above tips is to try lots of different things, and then incorporate whatever you like into the ways you regularly masturbate. Maybe it’s a different stroke, or position, or breathing technique. Obviously there is no one, correct way to masturbate, and even if you’ve got something that works for you, consider the fact that there could be more out there if you experiment with it.
TIPS: Another myth about male masturbation is that you shouldn’t use anything other than you hand. While your hand might be doing the trick, adding some accessories can make the stimulation even more intense, and inspire more creativity with yourself, and with partners. Get a good quality personal lubricant . If it’s only for masturbation you can use something that’s oil based without worrying about condom compatibility. Oil based products are better because they won’t dry up. Add a sex toy into the mix. It might be a vibrator, a dildo, or a cock ring (if you’ve never tried one I recommend trying one on your own before you use it with a partner). Sex toys can add a completely new kind of stimulation, and accentuate the manual stimulation your doing.
Monday, 19 May 2008
Sunday, 18 May 2008
Saturday, 17 May 2008
- Recognize the beauty that exists within my friends.
- See beyond the external and see the internal of the beings before me.
- Know they are not ready for change.
- Accept that they might not be beyond who they have been.
- Understand that they are NOT like me.
- Touch the hurt that exist in them.
- Listen even when they are NOT speaking.
- Take a leap of faith and let myself go.
- Live every moment because they are real.
- Watch them either swim against the tide or go with the flow.
- Look @ them go back to come forward.
- Hold a mirror to their faces and show that they are indeed ALIVE!
- Show them they are in search for something.
- Prove they are thirsty AND hungry for LOVE.
- That I live in sacred place that lets my spirit live freely.
- Show that they are stronger than they know.
- Be the evidence for the living truth.
- Compel them to find peace and joy in their lives.
- Encourage them to live faithfully.
- Tell them that the truth of their being is a divine expression of GOD!
- Protect & honor them in my thoughts and prayer.
Friday, 16 May 2008
Thursday, 15 May 2008
Wednesday, 14 May 2008
- Reheat Pizza - Heat up leftover pizza in a non-stick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to med-low and heat until warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works.
- Easy Deviled Eggs - Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash until they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, and keep mashing it up mixing Thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.
- Expanding Frosting - When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar/calories per serving.
- Reheating refrigerated bread - To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.
- Newspaper weeds away - Start putting in your plants; work the nutrients in your soil. Wet newspapers then put layers around the plants overlapping as you go. Cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic they will not get through wet newspapers.
- Broken Glass - Use a dry cotton ball to pick up little broken glass pieces of glass the fibers catch ones you cannot see!
- No More Mosquitoes - Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.
- Reducing Static Cling - Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and - voila - static is gone.
- Measuring Cups - Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill it with hot water. Dump out the hot water, but do not dry the cup. Next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes right out.
- Foggy Windshield – Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car. When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better than a cloth!
- Reopening envelope - If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two. Voila! It unseals easily.
- Conditioner - Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It is a lot cheaper than having cream and leaves your legs smooth. It is also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but did not like when you tried it in your hair...
- Good-bye Fruit Flies - To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass fill it 1/2" With Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dishwashing liquid, mix Well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!
- Get Rid of Ants - Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it "home," and cannot digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, esp. if it rains, but it works and you do not have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!
- Take baby powder to the beach - Keep a small bottle of baby powder in your beach bag. When you are ready to leave the beach sprinkle yourself and kids with the powder and the sand will slide right off your skin.
Tuesday, 13 May 2008
- Whoever said that, “It is better to give than receive,” was on to something. The more pleasure you give your partner, the more you’re likely to receive.
- Excellent hygiene is a must in any bedroom encounter. A fresh shower and well cared for hands and nails are an essential element for any night of passion.
- Pay attention to the cues and responses from your partner. Being able to respond to what your partner is needing at just the right moment could mean the difference between a grand slam and a strike out.
- If your partner is doing something right, tell them. After all, no one is a mind reader and who knows what is pleasing to you better than yours truly?
- Failing to be a team player in the bedroom is an absolute no-no. If you’re all about being pleased without reciprocating pleasure to your partner, chances are slim to none that you’ll see those bed sheets again.
- Brushing your teeth and trimming your nails seem like a natural thing to do before a date. If a sexual activity is on the menu, however, forgo both of these in order to minimize your risk for contracting an unwanted STD such as HIV/AIDS.
- “Cookie cutter” lovers are the worst! No two people are the same; therefore add variety to your sexual repertoire. What drove your last partner to climb the bedroom walls may only be met with lukewarm response by your new partner. Remember: creativity and attentiveness are an absolute must!
- Assuming whether or not your partner wants you to stay or go after your bedroom romp could be a touchy subject after the main event. To avoid a potentially embarrassing situation, have the conversation before you slide in between the sheets.
- Just some thoughts and ideas of a single black gay man trying to figure out where he is and where everyone else is going.
Monday, 12 May 2008
Sunday, 11 May 2008
Saturday, 10 May 2008
Oreo Cookies # Serving size: About 3 cookies # Fat: 7 grams # Calories: 160 (about 50 calories per Oreo) Oreos don't seem too bad per serving, but can you really eat just three? Oreo cookies -- the tasty sandwich cookies that are so fun to dunk--are high on our list of worst desserts. They contain roughly 60% fat and are extremely high in Trans fat, which has been linked to heart problems and diabetes. Oreo, the best-selling cookie in the world, has been under the microscope recently, as scientists study the effects of sugary andfatty snacks on the brain. Reportedly, Oreos top the list of cookies that people crave most. Furthermore, there is ongoing neurological research that shows that Oreos may be addictive. HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Snack Wells Vanilla Crème Sandwich cookies. We know that it's hard to compare any cookie with the world-famous Oreo, but Snack Wells' sandwich cookies do not taste low fat, and they will give you the same crème-filled satisfaction as Oreos at a fraction of the calories and fat. For a serving of two to three cookies, there are only 3 grams of fat and 110 calories.
Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby Ice Cream # Serving size: ½ cup # Fat: 20 grams # Calories: 330. Don't be fooled by the tie-dyed packaging and colorful "peace andlove" mantra that Ben & Jerry's exude. Although these Vermont-grown organic hippies are socially responsible business partners (they crusade for a clean environment and world peace), they are definitely not doing you any favors when it comes to watching your weight. We've used a popular example, "Chubby Hubby," which is vanilla and fudge ice cream loaded with fudge-covered peanut butter pretzels. Ben & Jerry's may use the finest ingredients, but they also deliver the most fat and calories. HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Dryer's Vanilla Chocolate Swirl Frozen Yogurt. The funky flavors of Ben & Jerry's are hard to imitate, but if you are craving ice cream, this healthy alternative is a good substitute. It is a frozen yogurt, but it has the same consistency as regular ice cream and tastes almost as sweet. With 0 grams of fat and 90 calories per ½ cup, it might be wise to consider sacrificing the fudge-covered peanut butter pretzels.
Otis Spunk Meyer Iced Chocolate Brownies # Serving size: 1 brownie # Fat: 11.5 grams # Calories: 260 Otis Spunk Meyer brownies may look harmless, but these iced, gooey treats will haunt your waistline long after you've eaten them. There are more than 20 ingredients in these little chocolate snacks, including hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup and many other unhealthy culprits. For the benefit of your health, it might be worth investing in the eggs and store-bought brownie mix needed to bake your own. HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: No Pudge! Brownie Mix. I know that it's not ideal to actually make your own dessert--especially when you want a quick fix -- but this non-fat brownie mix only requires the addition of water and a little stirring. The No Pudge! Brownie Mix brownies are remarkably moister and chocolatier than regular low-fat or non-fat brownies. They have 0 grams of fat and only 90 calories per 2-inch square brownie. I don't advise it, but you can practically eat the whole pan and still ingest fewer calories than with the Otis counterpart.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (Double Chocolate) # Serving size: 1 package # Fat: 11 grams # Calories: 210 Peanut butter is rearing its fattening head again, as it is now being touted as a high-protein food. Nutritionists claim that peanuts are high in energy, fiber, vitamin E, and other trace minerals that should be included in a healthy diet for weight maintenance and overall good health. Unfortunately, the nutritional benefits of peanut butter cannot be fulfilled by Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. The incredibly high fat and calorie content make Reese's Peanut Butter Cups one of the worst candy bars to eat if you're trying to maintain or lose weight. HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: 3 Musketeers Miniatures. Nothing can rival the creamy peanut butter and chocolate taste of a Reese's, but if a candy bar is what you crave, try 3 Musketeers Miniatures instead. One 3 Musketeers miniature snack bag contains 7 pieces, which should definitely satisfy your candy bar craving. And with only 5 grams of fat and 170 calories, it is also a good bet for your waistline.
Sara Lee Classic New York Cheesecake # Serving size (1/6 of a regular size cheesecake) # Fat: 21 grams # Calories: 350 This is a dessert that actually has the audacity to combine two of the most fattening foods in its name -- "cheese" and "cake." The appeal of cheesecake is no secret to anyone. Who can resist the satisfying ingredients of cream cheese, whole milk, cream, and sugar? But, this dessert is not only extraordinarily high in fat and calories, it is also full of Trans fat, cholesterol and carbs. HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Jell-O Brand Cheesecake Cups. These individually wrapped pudding-like cups have the same creamy cheesecake flavor as the real thing, but with only 4.5 grams of fat and 150 calories.
Little Debbie Nutty Bars # Serving size: 1 individually wrapped package# Fat: 19 grams # Calories: 312 Little Debbie has been an American household name since the early 1960s, providing Americans with relatively inexpensive cakes, cookies and breakfast items. The innocent-looking girl on the packaging might be a decoy for the fat, sugar and cholesterol lurking inside, because there is nothing sweet about the brand that has ranked No. 6 on my worst desserts list. Nutty Bars -- light, peanut butter-filled wafers covered with fudge -- are high in fat and calories, and extremely high in sodium. HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Fifty50 Sugar Free Chocolate Wafer Cookies. The Fifty50 sugar-free wafer brand is made for people who are following a low glycemic index diet, which also makes them a healthier choice for people who need to monitor their blood sugar levels. Fifty50 cookies aren't perfect with 9 grams of fat and 160 calories for six wafers, but they do have the same great crunch and light texture as the Nutty Bars.
Banana Split # Serving size: 1 split # Fat: 43 grams # Calories: 894 while dining out, it is possible that you might encounter the classic banana split. It has bananas, which are healthy, but they might be the only healthy part of this monster. This deceitful dessert will pack on the pounds faster than any other dessert on our list (if for nothing else than the pure size of it). It is simply too easy to spoon away every last bite of the beast that has been placed before you. Nutritionally, the banana split contains a large portion of the daily caloric requirements and more than the daily allowance of fat that the average man should consume. HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: Jell-O Sundae Toppers. These desserts are individually packaged, which makes it easy to know how large one portion is. And with only 1.5 grams of fat and 110 calories, you can rest easy that they will not break your diet regimen. If you miss the banana in the banana split, slice one up and have it with your Sundae Topper; it only tacks on about 100 calories (depending on the size), and it is high in potassium, vitamin B6 and fiber. Deadly desserts everyone knows that desserts do not usually make the list of foods to eat if you are trying to maintain a healthy weight. However, it is impossible to satisfy a sweet craving by substituting the low-fat options we've listed above. Like everything good in life, a healthy diet should be varied and all foods should be eaten in moderation. Have an Oreo if you want one! Just be sure to watch portion sizes and moderate the frequency of indulgence.